If you received a college graduation gift it was probably a cross pen set, cufflinks, or a VHS player. But what do you get the college grad who grew up watching The Simpsons on DVD? Here is a list of our top five gift suggestions:
- An iPad or smartphone. Your graduate can stay connected to classmates by checking out the College of Charleston Alumni Association Facebook page or following the College on Twitter.
- Something for their new apartment like gift cards to Ikea and Lowes, or even a College of Charleston Tervis Tumbler.
- A digital photo frame. Don’t forget to preload one of your son or daughter walking across the Cistern.
- A diploma frame to proudly display the College of Charleston degree for all to see! CofC diplomas are an unusual shape, to buy one readymade visit: cofc.bncollege.com.
- A gift to the Parents’ Fund in honor of your graduating senior or their favorite professor. For more information visit www.cofc.edu/parent giving programs.
Louise Keim’s Charles Towne 101 column will return in the next issue with part two of “The Charleston Bucket List”. Stay tuned!